Hear the silence between notes.
USB Disruptor can make a transformative impact to your computer based audio system, even surpassing the organic feel of vinyl.
USB Disruptor can take your system to new heights: perfectly silent backgrounds, voices hang in space, bass notes render in three dimensions, you can visualize the musicians… and the notes themselves almost take on a physical quality – it’s a spectral experience.
Most computers are just not optimized for high resolution audio streaming.
The USB standard allows for line level voltage to swing about 5%. This sloppiness can cause problems with sensitive electrical devices like your USB DAC. The technical outcome of poor line level power regulation is ripple voltage, which is basically electrical noise, and this could impact the way your DAC behaves. The USB Disruptor power supply has .1% line regulation. That is 50 times more precise than a typical computer!
Adding to the problem is USB cable design.
The mass of USB cables on the market today, audiophile or not, could leak computer noise to your USB DAC via things like the metal mounting hardware of the USB cable. This may allow more electrical interference to work its way into the USB DAC. Even the physical proximity of the USB cable power wire to the digital signal lines, within the cable itself, could impact performance, hence the availability of very expensive audiophile USB cables that separate the power wire. Those cables solve only part of the problem. Watch our How it Works video below to see for yourself how USB cables may leak interference into your DAC.
The unique USB Disruptor circuit works as a system to optimize USB DACs. The circuit accomplishes three goals:
- USB Disruptor’s custom power supply and circuit design blocks dirty computer power from the source, and replaces that dirty power with clean and tightly regulated audiophile grade power!
- The USB cable mounting hardware is made non-conductive to block noise from invading your DAC.
- The power line is separated from the data lines, like in expensive audiophile USB cables.
Our customers report the following observations:
- “The beautiful overtones of instruments and vocals became organic and palpable not only aiding in the overall quality of the sound but also its profound impact on the sound stage. Micro dynamics are delivered without blurring. Additionally, the Disruptor clarified the bottom end by providing impact and additional weight with a sense of great agility and speed.”
- “An immediate and obvious improvement. Better detail and a sense of darker space between the instruments. Vocals are more articulate without losing any emotion.”
- “It lowers the noise floor and instrumental textures and stereo separation is better, a bit more relaxed analog presentation if you will.”
- “It does indeed make digital sound more analog!”
- “When I play classical music now, it might be softer at the setting I usually start at, but when I turn it up, it still sounds like music, and it blossoms. In the past, it would start out louder, but when I turned up the volume, I’d get so much hash, that I couldn’t turn it up anymore.”
- “The soundstage exploded in front of me, deep and wide with a new found clarity and instruments seemingly floating about the soundstage with very nice separation too. Articulation of vocals was quite telling now as well, I ended up listening very late into the night and didn’t want to quit!!! ….. I find the dynamics appear much improved now as well like a clean window VS a dirty one.”
- “More tone, more body and spatial characteristics.”
- “I installed them in my system and was amazed at the improvement right out of the box. My wife (not an audiophile) was up on the second floor at the time, and commented on the improvement (unprecedented for her)! Today, listening to Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, she told me she heard instruments (horns) in the background she had never heard before (again, not an audiophile) and she got “goosebumps” from listening!”
How it Works Video
“The USB Disruptor is now a permanent contributor to the pleasure I derive
in listening to great recorded music. Highly recommended.”
“In all honesty I was not prepared for the level of improvement the unassuming
USB Disruptor would provide.”
San Francisco Audiophile Society:
“The USB Disruptor is one of those products that once its effect is heard,
it’s hard to imagine not having in the system. Its effect was very positive,
and for a measly $150, a no-brainer, since (to me) it’s easily worth five times the price!”
USB Disruptor customers report being either “happy” or “very happy” using the Disruptor with the following DACs:
Apogee Groove Black
Arte Forma DAC
Audioquest Dragonfly Red v1.0
Aune T1 Mark II
Ayre Acoustics QB-9
Bel Canto e.one c5i
Bryston BDA 2
Cambridge Audio Azur 851C
Cambridge Audio DacMagic
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Denafrips Ares II
Exogal Comet Plus
FiiO Olympus 2 E10K
Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11
iFi Micro iDSD Black
iFi Pro iDSD
L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004
Maverick Audio D1
NuForce DAC (unknown type)
Oppo BDP-105D DAC
Peachtree (unknown type)
Pro-Ject DAC Box S2+
PS Audio DirectStream
PS Audio NuWave
Schiit Gugnir multi bit
Schiit Gungnir (old version, but USB gen 2)
Schiit Modi 3 multi bit
Schiit Modi Uber
Schitt Modi (original version)
Schitt Yggdrasil (latest version)
Stax SRM D-10 dac/amp
Topping D30 – “Since the Topping E30 dac is so affordable, measures well and has gotten good reviews across the board, I just wanted to report the astonishing improvement that the Disruptor makes when it is used with the E30. Honestly, it is amazing!” – customer quote
Wadia 151 Power Dac Mini
30 Day Trial Offer: you may return the Disruptor within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of the purchase price. You may do so for any reason. Try one, you’ll thank me after you hear the improvement!